As United Methodist, I am looking forward to the Global Young People’s Convocation (GYPC), which will be held on July 18-22, 2018 at the Indaba Hotel and Conference Centre, in Johannesburg, South Africa.
This is the largest, most extensive gathering of United Methodist youth and young adult leaders from all over the world. We are expecting between 300-400 delegates. Here’s the purpose of the GYPC from the Young People’s Ministries website.
- Celebrating the mission and vitality of young people in the United Methodist Church
- Raising the joys and concerns of young people from the global community
- Developing young people as leaders for effective ministry in local churches and communities of faith
- Highlighting emerging trends in youth and young adult ministry
- Providing a common forum that embraces the global reality of the church.